Monday, September 25, 2006

Lobbyist vs. Teacher

This blog covers Congressional District 22, but it's primary focus is Fort Bend County. And while not in CD22, there is a rather important State Representative race that reaches into our county. This November, while I cast my vote for Dora Olivo, my neighbors to the North and West will have to choose between a career teacher and a medical lobbyist to represent them in the State House. As such, I've added another entry to my popular Election Guide:




A teacher or a medical lobbyist...Hmmm, what a decision. In this race, I think that if voters take a look at rising insurance premiums and failing schools, the choice is simple. Unfortunately, not every voter will see a picture of Dr. John smiling in a group photo with all his lobbyist buddies. Voter education is critical in this race, so if you live in District 28, you need to tell everyone you know about what John Zerwas really is and what he will do for the Texas medical industry.

Which is why I would support Dorothy even if I didn't know her. But I do. My fiancé was born and raised in the Waller County Democratic Party which Dorothy has led for the past decade. She has been a dedicated community leader and a tireless advocate for education and health care issues. She will be an outstanding State legislator.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hal said...

Zerwas' very catchy campaign slogan, Put a doctor back in the house, has got to be the cheesiest thing to come down the pike since Shelley Sekula nohyphnen Rodriguez nohyphen Gibbs' Vote twice for Shelley. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Zerwas was a gas passer before he was a lobbyist, one of the most commonly sued doctors in the profession. Guess he would be a good candidate to put some good torte reform legislation on the table.

By the way, he is clueless on education issues.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soccer moms in d22 prefer their kids alive. Nick Lampdon is an abortion supporter. We don't need him.
Why won't Lampson disclose he is a Democrat in any of his ads or signs?

8:49 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Some people delete the ugly garbage trolls put on their blogs. Not me.

It also cracks me up that this post (and in recent memory this blog) has nothing to do with Nick Lampson.

Feel free to return anytime, anonymous troll.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://tramadol-sqllt.blogspot.com/
Good Luck!

5:57 AM  
Blogger lalaluu said...

I am voting in D28 and appreciate your insight. I visited Zerwas' state representative page and Bottos' campaign website, but it can be difficult to make a decision based on the candidate's very subjective opinions of themselves. So I try to seek out more information from people on both sides. Many thanks for sharing your views!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home